It is clear at this point that, no matter how hard I work for the rest of my life, I will not succeed in bringing to fruition the majority of writing projects that I already have, and that I will not be able to oversee them being published.
I am composing this list for my family and friends to know what to publish after I am dead. I would like to have my writings see the light. I will add things here as time passes.
I hope my husband and especially my son will make sure that these writings are being out in the world. If that is not possible to publish them on paper, they must at least be uploaded in the electronic form; that is at any rate possible.
I would expect the author’s marginalia to be deleted from the text, the manuscript copyread. Please work with the last versions; they are all dated (with negligible exceptions), some have numbers after the name of the title, use the file with the biggest number.
- Debris of Utopia: Soviet Childhood and the Ruins of the Future
- Pale Automaton (book of poems)
- Compendium of Fieldnotes
- On Methods in Sociocultural Anthropology: Production of Ethnography Through Observation, Recollection, and, Occasionally, Forgetting
- Meanderings (particularly the third part, Texas Landscape; TL can also go as a separate text)
- Handwriting project (with photos)–just type the handwritten text and let C.C. write the preface
- Siberian Photo Diary
Things below are in the folder MainProjects:
- hologram and flamingo superimposed
- Introduction to (delete the list of names at the beginning)
- Notes 2018
- Soft Sheen
- The Book of Lovers
- Letters from the Depths of Solitude (including Alfonsina, Countess of Dolyna, and Monstrous Abbess–these are all in one file)
- Sybil’s Book
- System of Mirrors
- Writing (text titled “Writing” in the folder “Writing”)
- The King of Autumn
- Cities of the Future: Infrastructure of Nostalgia and Hope in Post-Industrial Eastern Siberia (I am actively working on this one right now and I certainly hope to make it work, but if I die tomorrow, it can be made into a PDF and uploaded anyway, this one with marginalia because such marginalia can help my fellow travelers).
- Poems (let’s make sure that they are not only on Tumblr because platforms die)
- One girl (https://twitter.com/onegirrrl)
These are out there, but if the platforms that host them collapse, I would like them to still be accessible:
- Anthro Notes
- The Vicissitudes of Using English for the Purposes of Academic and Creative Writing in the Experience of a Non-Native Speaker: Convoluted Travelogue (Plus, Writer’s Change of Language: Nabokov and others–these can go together)
- Lectures on Expressive Culture
You can also publish shorter bits and pieces, as well as poems, as you please, except for the ones that I sealed for the next 100 years; please respect my wish and do not look into folders I marked such.
Please maintain my website or make sure that the texts available there are available somewhere else (http://www.vasilinaorlova.com/publications.html). I don’t mind all the works above being published on my website as well. If the “website builder” collapses, redesign.
- ПЯТЬ ЛЕТ XXI ВЕКА: Дневники на компьютере (дневники), другие дневники 2004-2008.
- Мальгратский дневник (отсканировать).
- Блог blog 2007-2010_on_vassilina_cih_ru (на полетевшей платформе, я скопировала всё, но там много текстов ошибок).
- “Техасский дневник” и вообще всё в блоге после Лондона, после записи 28 авг. 2011 (см. “Лондонский дневник”, Издательский дом “Выбор Сенчина”, 2017. (http://vassilina.cih.ru/blog/)). (Файл Texasskiy_dnevnik в папке Newest_Russian_prose)
- “Севочка” (в папке Seva, файл Sevochka02)
- Стихи на русском языке (https://t.me/vasssilina и в фейсбуке – “Императрицын цыкл”, цикл про Франциска Сан-Францисского и т.д.)
- “Одна девочка” (https://t.me/onegirrl)
- “Сны о России”
- “Какаду”, “Золотое зеркало”
Тексты ряда опубликованных повестей в папке vse-teksty-vyverennie (кажется, я все повести потом всё равно правила в других местах, но, по крайней мере, многие из них есть в этой папке, если вдруг надо для переизданий).
I am pleased to announce that I am all set and now ready to die any moment nonchalant.
The last edition 5/17/2019